PFMA Training Webinar Series: Pet Food & Nutrition
Delivered by top UK Pet Food Industry Experts, Nutritionists and Vets
PFMA Pet Food and Nutrition trainings for pet professionals started in 2019. We run the course in two different formats of online webinars and classroom-based (residential) trainings to allow choice and flexibility. On this page you will find information about the online webinar series. For more information about the classroom-based course please visit this page. We aim to provide high quality and up-to-date training to a wide range of pet professionals worldwide.
- Pet nutrition (Introduction, canine, feline, small mammals, pet birds and pet fish nutrition)
- Clinical Nutrition (canine and feline)
- Pet Obesity (causes, consequences, management and prevention)
- Manufacturing safe pet food (dry, wet, raw and complementary products)
- Pet food Legislation (UK and EU Pet food legislation, Animal by-products and Feed Additives)
- Product labelling and marketing regulations and pet food claims
Week 1 (5-7 July 2022) - Pet Nutrition
Week 2 (12-14 July 2022) - Pet Food Legislation & Manufacturing
Daily Webinars (available to purchase individually) - Daily Webinars
Delivery and practical aspects
- Flexibility to register for daily or weekly webinars, or the full two-weeks programme
- Live presentations via Zoom
- Delivered over 6 half-days, across two weeks
- Live Q&A sessions at the end of each session
- Polls and quizzes to engage the audience
- Learning material, including PowerPoint presentations and recorded lectures available to download
- Certificate of Attendance on completion (digital via email)
- CPD certified by CPD UK (The full two-weeks course provides approximately 20 hours of CPD)
Target Audience: Pet Care Professionals
- PFMA Members (List of pet food manufacturers that are members of the PFMA can be found here)
- Professionals working in pet food, animal feed or premix sectors
- Animal nutritionists
- Veterinary professionals
- Pet food retailers, pet shop staff and grocery sector
- Pet welfare charities rehoming and rescue centres
- Students (Veterinary, Animal Science, post-graduate) with an interest in a career in pet food industry
- Other pet professionals
List of speakers
- Dr John Lowe – Consultant Nutritionist at Tuttons Hill Nutrition
- Dr Christine Huggett - Founder & Director of The Pet Food Consultant
- Dr Vicki Baldrey MRCVS - Lecturer in Exotic Species and Small Mammal Medicine and Surgery at RVC
- Dr Donna Snellgrove – Specialist in Fish Nutrition and Physiology and Research Scientist at MARS Inc
- Dr Marge Chandler MRCVS - Consultant in small animal nutrition at Vets Now Referrals
- Dr Alex German - Professor of Small Animal Medicine at University of Liverpool
- Alana Harvey-White – PFMA Chair of Additives and Undesirable Substances Committee
- Neil Leach – Animal By-Products (ABP) Consultant and former DEFRA Policy Advisor
- Lana Morgan – PFMA Head of Regulatory Affairs
- Michael Bellingham – PFMA Chief Executive
Speakers Biographies will be uploaded here.
Prices & Discounts (2022)
We are pleased to offer special rates to PFMA members, veterinary professionals, pet welfare charities, university students and members of FEDIAF and GAPFA as well as group booking discounts. Please see ticket prices and different discounts bellow.
University Students: If you are interested in a career in pet food industry, this course will increase your knowledge and understanding of the sector and could put you in a better position when applying for jobs. We offer 20% off for individual students, or 50% off for bookings of at least 5 students registering together.
Group bookings larger than 10: please contact us directly as we may be able to offer further discounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Register to Attend
To register and purchase tickets, please visit our Eventbrite page via the following links:
Thinking of becoming a PFMA member?
Please check the eligibility criteria and our membership benefits.
PFMA membership fees start from £525 per year. Apply for membership and enjoy 50% discount on our Pet Food and Nutrition Course, along with a host of other benefits.
If you have any questions please contact Laura Waters (PFMA Membership and Events Manager) on Laura@pfma.org.uk