PFMA has developed a new data report which reveals the performance of the pet food industry in 2019-2020.
This includes a special feature on the impact of Covid-19, and presents a snapshot of the pet population in July 2020, which reflects a dramatic rise in pet acquisition as many people recognised the power of pets during these challenging times.
The report also looks at recessions and the pet food industry with population and market data 2008-2014.
- Covid-19 and the Pet Food Industry in 2020
- How Covid-19 shaped pet owner behaviour - expert opinon
PFMA's snapshot survey - understanding the impact of Covid-19
- A dramatic rise in pet acquisition
- What's the most popular pet?
- Feeding the birds - did families embrace this hobby?
Member and retailer response to Covid-19 - meeting the demand
- Retailers and the Pet Food Industry
- Members rising to the challenge
- Other Covid-19 information
PFMA pet food data - looking at market volume and value over time
- Recessions and the Pet Food Industry
- UK pet food market 2008-14 total volume and value annual growth
- Population trends 2008-14 by species and total - a sense check
NEW pet food market data - where are we now?
- UK pet food market 2014-19 total volume and value with annual growth
- UK pet food market 2014-19 sector volume and value with annual growth - cat & dog food
- Small animals, fish (indoor & outdoor) and indoor birds
- Bird food (wild, pigeon and indoor)
- UK pet food market 2020 sector volume and value forecast
- UK pet food market 2015-19 total volume share by channel
- UK pet food market 2015-19 total volume own-label vs brand
- UK raw wet dog food market size 2016/17-19 £ and % growth
PFMA Annual Survey - pet population trends
- Population trends 2014-20 by species and total, by regions (3-year averages to boost effective sample size)
- Population trends 2014-20 by total, cat & dog, households with children/income groups
- Wild birds
- % of households with outside space
- Those who feed birds at home
- Times of year wild birds fed
- Summary of fish ownership
Appendix (Summary of methodologies)