Have you heard the expression “You are what you eat”? What this means is, if you eat good nourishing food and a balanced diet you will grow to be fit and healthy. Pets are just the same, so to have a happy and healthy pet it’s important they get fed the right food.
WHAT’S A BALANCED DIET?
When a diet is balanced it means it contains the right mix of all the nutrients (different types of nourishing food) that your pet needs.
There are lots and lots of different types of nutrients but each of them belongs to one of these six groups:
· Fats & Oils
It doesn’t have to be cooked by Jamie Oliver but it’s got to smell & taste pretty good too!
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are 41 essential nutrients that a cat needs in its diet - that’s a lot of different nutrients!
- A dog’s diet must have 37.
- Don’t worry, good pet food will provide the right amount for your cat or dog, but don’t forget:
* A CAT SHOULD ONLY HAVE CAT FOOD!
* A DOG SHOULD ONLY HAVE DOG FOOD!