PFMA is the principal trade association for the prepared pet food industry and currently comprises 94 member companies. Collectively, our members represent about 90% of the UK market and produce a whole range of products for cats, dogs and other pet animals. PFMA has been supporting pet food manufacturers for over 50 years. Membership of PFMA means that you will be able to gain one to one expert advice and guidance on all matters related to the pet food industry.
PFMA Membership Benefits include:
- Specialist advice and support on regulatory and technical matters
- The opportunity to influence policy and legislation through joining PFMA committees
- Access to members only website (a one stop shop for information on developments in the industry)
- Networking opportunities (with other members and those involved in the pet industry)
- Media and public relations support
- Members-only access to industry market data
- Training seminars and workshops (50% discount on PFMA Nutrition Course)
- Crisis Management support (e.g. Animal disease out-break)
- Promotion through the PFMA website links and banners
How to become a member
To be eligible for membership of the PFMA, companies must manufacture in the UK or sell their products in the UK and have a UK based sales and marketing operation. New members must be referred by two current members of the PFMA.
PFMA membership subscriptions are formulated with a base-rate of £1000 and then increasing in accordance to annual income per million. Please see our fees here.
If want to find out more about membership please contact us.