PFMA is the principal trade body representing the UK pet food industry - founded in 1970, we have been serving the nation's pets for over 50 years! Our current membership consists of 100 member companies, representing both pet food manufacturers and suppliers, and accounts for over 90% of the UK market.
PFMA aims to be the credible voice of a responsible pet food industry.
PFMA and its members sometimes get asked by pet owners, or pet professionals, the question of ‘What does PFMA membership really mean?’ or, ‘Why should I choose a PFMA member over a company that’s not a member?’
In this vibrant infographic sheet you will find the key features of PFMA membership and what you can expect when you choose PFMA members.
• Promote pet food products which are safe, of sound nutrition, palatable and which offer value for money
• Promote responsible pet ownership
• Raise standards in the pet food industry
• Represent members' views to UK and EU government departments and enforcement authorities
• Share knowledge on issues and keep members well informed on all industry wide matters
• Stimulate the growth and reputation of the industry by encouraging understanding and good working relationships amongst those associated with pet food
To see how we achieve our aims and objectives, please view our Annual Report.
We work through a committee structure, which has the widest possible representation of our member companies and their sectoral interests. The below image sets out the srtucutre of our Committees - to read more about them please click here.